Underground Construction Miner (Fabricator)/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Temps plein • Kirkland Lake Région
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west of Kirkland Lake is hiring an Underground Construction Miner at Young-Davidson is among one of Canada’s largest Underground Gold Mines with growing production and a large mineral reserve base. The successful candidate will have opportunity to work in a mine that is also in the process of expanding the lower mine and completing long-term infrastructure projects. More information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the Mine Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for safe and efficient completion of underground construction projects.
- Fabricate and manufacture metal parts for later assembly.
- Assist in installation, modification and repairs of UG infrastructures
- Follow blueprints to ensure exact specifications.
- Produce strong, clean welds and test output to ensure strength and tolerance of welds.
- Assist in installation, modification and repairs of UG services.
- Support construction crews whenever required
- Any other duties as directed by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in metal fabrication, installation and general construction;
- CWB certification preferred;
- Red Seal certification in construction related field would be an asset;
- Accreditation in U/G common core modules and specialty modules would be an asset;
- Strong Safety focus;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Able to operate heavy equipment in an UG context.
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Qualified candidates are invited to visit our website, www.alamosgold.com and apply online under the careers’ sections.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.