Thrift Store Clerk, Salvation Army, Kirkland Lake, ON
Temps partiel • Kirkland Lake Région
- Maintain customer service standards, provide service to customers and greet them when entering the store.
- Ensure compliance to cash procedures as outline in the Employee Manual as per store policy, i.e. floats, cash balancing and bank deposits.
- Prepare daily sales reports as requested
- Accurate completion of all customer transactions including cash and debit sales
- Contribute to meeting store budgets by maintaining customer service standards.
- Adhere to store policy regarding cheques, credit cards, refunds, voids and holds
- Accurately record and handle all transactions with minimal voids, overages or shortages.
- Be knowledgeable regarding product pricing and featured sales products
- Contribute to meeting store sales targets provide efficient courteous customer service; use tact and courtesy when dealing with difficult customers.
- Inform the Thrift Store Manager of all customer complaints, comments and concerns regarding customer service prices; merchandise etc
- Replenish inventory levels based on supervisor's directions.
- Pay particular attention to store security, by monitoring activity within the store.
- Maintain an attractive organized appearance of the store, tidy up, restock shelves, clean, sweep, dust, and mop as necessary
- Handle the merchandise in a safe and organized manner; assist in stock rotation - "bailing" items in the store.
- Assist donors with their contributions, unload donations and place stock in appropriate warehouse locations.
- Maintain proper sorting and processing of all donated goods, ensure compliance with quality standards; that all products are priced correctly as per store policy.
- Work with volunteers as assigned
- Able to stand for long periods, there is frequent twisting, bending, crouching, and reaching
- Ability to lift/move on a regular basis upto 40 pounds
- Strong oral and written communication skills; self-motivated and disciplined
- With direction and support, become part of a productive team
- Provide an original copy of a Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the National Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
- Support for and an understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada.
- NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
Apply by email or in person at: Robbie_donaldson@can.salvationarmy.org