Sample Preparation, Swastika, Laboratories, Swastika, ON
Temps plein • Kirkland Lake Région
- Performs assigned tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures or methods
- Tasks may include:
- Organizing and drying customer samples for processing
- Drying samples
- Crushing, splitting and pulverizing samples
- Unloading /loading of customer samples and pulp samples for the laboratory
- Loading and wrapping reject samples on pallets
- Clean-up of work areas at the end of each shift
- Repair and routine maintenance of equipment and washroom facilities
- Operating a skid-steer machine or fork lift for lifting samples, ploughing and grading
- Performs any other duties related to the position of Operator as directed by the Shift Leader or designate when schedule and workload permit.
- Participates in internal and external training programs determined by the Shift Leader.
- As part of our employee cross-training program, the Operator may be re-assigned to other laboratory activities on a temporary or permanent basis.
Work weeks are 5 days, Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day. Hours of work are flexible and are arranged beforehand with the Shift Leader. Starting hours vary with the shift assigned.
Employees are entitled to two (2) fifteen minute paid rest breaks and one (1) thirty minute unpaid lunch break each day. Breaks are scheduled by the Shift Leader. No food or drink is to be stored and consumed in any of the sample preparation work areas.
Employees must follow all safety procedures in the sample preparation facility. Safety equipment must be worn at all times in the laboratory where required I.E. safety glasses, dust masks, gloves, personal hearing protection devices and safety shoes. Employees are to report any unsafe conditions or equipment to their Shift Leader or Safety Committee representative.
Lifting of heavy bags, equipment and other objects is normally performed at each work station.
Employees may be required to work overtime and on weekends or holidays depending on business volume demands. The business can be cyclic depending on market, economic and climate conditions. Shifts may be cancelled or re-scheduled.
Annual review of employee performance and remuneration by the Shift Leader. Employment
- Completion of grade 12 secondary education. A post-secondary education in a science field is desirable.
- Physically fit
- Proficient in spoken and written English and good math skills.
- Mechanical equipment aptitudes or experience are assets
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable
- Courteous and respectful to fellow employees, customers and the public.
- Agreement and signature of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (attached)
- Abidance to all health and safety, non-violence and non-harassment programs of the laboratory. Training on these programs will be provided during an orientation period.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
Valid Abu Ammar