ODSP Administrative Support Clerk (Bilingual) Job ID: 168154
Temps plein • Kirkland Lake Région
ODSP ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
Organization: Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Division: Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
City: Kirkland Lake
Job Term: 1 Temporary up to 12 months with possible extension
Job Code: 08OAD - Office Administration 08
Salary: $24.52 - $28.51 Per Hour*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 168154
What can I expect to do in this role?As a customer service provider and member of the program delivery team, you will:
• provide clerical and administrative support services to the team;
• greet visitors, answer incoming calls and respond to electronic inquiries;
• sort and distribute incoming mail;
• establish and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems;
• validate, assess and determine the release of social assistance payments;
• make bank deposits, accepting/tracking cheques/money orders for repayments/reimbursements;
• coordinate and maintain team schedules and calendars;
• utilize databases, to gather/enter client information and data for reports and assignments.
How do I qualify?
MandatoryYou must be proficient in English and advanced level oral French.
Administrative, Clerical and Financial Skills:• You demonstrate knowledge of administrative office procedures, practices and routine office equipment to provide support in a fully automated environment using online databases to input /access client information.
• You demonstrate knowledge of financial processes and analytical skills to validate, calculate and determine appropriate benefit entitlements.
• You can provide financial payment/reimbursement processing and monitoring services.
• You can use software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and electronic mail to produce reports, forms, letters and payments.
- 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 145 Government Rd W, Kirkland Lake, North Region, Criminal Record Check
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.