Mine Engineer/Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine/Matachewan, ON
Temps plein • Kirkland Lake Région
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson Mine, located in Matachewan, Ontario, approximately 60 km west of Kirkland Lake is hiring a Mine Engineer. Young-Davidson is among one of Canada’s largest Underground Gold Mines with growing production and a large mineral reserve base. The successful candidate will have opportunity to work in a mine that is also in the process of expanding the lower mine and completing long-term infrastructure projects. More information on Alamos Gold Inc. and the Young-Davidson Mine can be found on our website at www.alamosgold.com
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing knowledge and technical support for the engineering group, along with carrying out a variety of engineering assignments.
- Planning and design of:
- Pastefill plans;
- Drill and blast;
- Scheduling and lateral development;
Assist the engineering group with engineering projects:
- Assist with blast improvement investigations;
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiencies;
- Provide guidance to EIT’s;
- Contribute to design changes;
- Assist with dewatering projects;
- Prepare Weekly & Monthly Plan in conjunction with engineers;
- Liase with Production Foremen/Contractors and Geologists to produce effective dig plan for all mining operations; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Mining Engineering.
- Registration as a professional engineer or eligibility for such registration.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, AutoCAD, Vulcan or other related software.
- Accreditation in U/G Common Core modules is an asset.
- Effective ability to convey messages in an organized, clear and succinct way.
- The individual should have demonstrated a high level of energy, self motivation and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills together with an ability to facilitate commitment to a cooperative team effort.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter who is able to anticipate needs and work independently with minimal supervision.
Young Davidson offers competitive salaries and benefits packages with opportunities for both personal and professional advancement.
Alamos Gold Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.