Full Time Program Assistant
Temps plein • Kirkland Lake Région
Division: Northern Training Division Kirkland Lake Northern College Campus
Competition # 21-45
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Manager of Community and Business Development, the position provides administrative support to the Northern Training Division team by assisting in the coordination, development, implementation, delivery, evaluation, and follow-up of courses, brokered services, special projects, and sponsored and employer-based training programs. The successful incumbent will:
- Prepare, maintain, and process documentation and make arrangements which will ensure that courses, services, projects, and programs run smoothly and according to guidelines and contracts;
- Liaise with internal staff from various departments, instructors, and prospective and current clients, students, employers, partners, sponsoring agencies, and the public;
- Draft/forward correspondence and recommend changes in department workflows and procedures that increase efficiency; and
- Coordinate projects as required.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- 2-year diploma in Office Administration or equivalent;
- Minimum of three years related work experience;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Proficient in working with computer software such as word processor, spreadsheets, databases and management information system.
A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered for internal applicants. The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.caand click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.