Competition 22-84R Contract Case Aide Worker (Union position) - Kirkland Lake
Contractuel • Kirkland Lake Région
Employment Opportunity – Contract Case Aide Worker (Union)
Competition #: 22-84R
Location: Kirkland Lake, ON
Job type: Contract Full-Time-35 hours per week - up to 12 months
Closing Date: January 31, 2023 @ 4:30pm
Salary: Starting at $42,132
What you’ll do in the role
· Provides fair, equitable, respectful, and culturally relevant service to First Nations children and families, consistent with the vision, mission, and values of Kunuwanimano and subscribes to the organization’s values and complies with its’ By Law’s, Policies and Procedures.
· Arranges transportation for children at home or in care to attend a variety of appointments, visits, meetings and/or court.
· Ensures client records, documents, case recordings and case notes are up to date.
· Participates on a variety of internal committees and work teams as required.
· Provides support to members of the service team during the investigation of allegations of child abuse and/or maltreatment inclusive of conducting thorough records checks.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member and willing to assume duties as may be required or directed.
Just a few reasons to join Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
· Opportunity to work with a dynamic team with career growth across multiple departments
· KCFS prides itself in providing its employees with job security, competitive wages and a safe working environment.
· Training opportunities to support your success in the role
· A defined contribution benefit pension plan (OMERS)
· Comprehensive Health Plan including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
· Competitive vacation leaves and above average leave packages
What you bring to the table
· Respect for Indigenous culture
· Post-secondary diploma in a related field (social service worker, child & youth worker, etc.), also, relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate in office administration or equivalent; combination of education and experience within a human service environment may be considered.
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
· Ability to speak a Native language will be considered a major asset.
· Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and $2million rider liability insurance.
· Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and Driver’s Abstract
· Must be able to work flexible schedule as position may include some evenings and Saturday’s
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to: HR@kunuwanimano.com, or by fax to: 705-266-9122
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Meegwetch to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.